Conscious Discipline: A Brain Based Approach to Challenging Behaviors
Presenter: Diana Brown
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Presentation: 9:00 - 11:00am MST (Arizona Time)
Conscious Discipline is a research-based approach to everyday issues in the classroom. It fosters healthy, direct, and respectful communication among children and adults in moments of upset.
This training will empower teachers and caregivers to effectively handle behavior issues and conflicts with a trauma informed lens. Participants will gain insight into the brain states indicated by difficult behaviors and brain-compatible guidelines for intervention.
- Explore the Conscious Discipline brain state model
- Recognize brain states and obtain skills to respond to each state
- Learn skills to remain composed
- See conflict and misbehavior as an opportunity to teach
- Offer empathy as a path to self-regulation
- Learn how to build relationships and connections with children
Diana Brown, M.Ed, has been a professional educator since 1988. Her work in elementary classrooms and passion for social-emotional learning led her to certification by Dr. Becky Bailey in Conscious Discipline® in 2002. She specializes in research-based workshops and consultation for educators, caregivers, and parents. With two grown daughters and 25 years of classroom experience, Diana shares Conscious Discipline® with engaging stories and humorous observations throughout the nation.